Monday, October 7, 2013

Comments for Kids Summary

I have made comments to four kids blogs during the month of September. I have a summary of what I read and what I wrote, but I must admit, some were more interesting to do than others.

First, and to me, the most interesting, was Tisha. Her blog was based on the subject, "This I believe". Her belief was piercings. The blog told the freedom that she felt by having her four piercings. The blog also went on to explain why she feels people should be left to express themselves the way they feel comfortable. No matter what you have on your body, do not judge people by their looks alone. I commented to how in many ways, expression by tattoos or piercings, suits and ties, skirts and pants or hair style/color etc. is one’s first form of communication to others. It is up to these others as to how they want to perceive you. The subject matter for me was just unusual, therefore, interesting. I also left questions as to some comments Tisha made in regards to definitions to certain piercing words.

The second comment I left was to Sang Jun. His blog was about a humorous event involving his soccer training. His training had some goal work where his header got chalk all over his body and grass in his mouth. Sang found the event very funny. I commented a thank you first for giving me a smile and that it was great that he had a sense of humor. Since his blog was full of grammatical errors (which I did not mention) I focused on his recollection of the event as well as his comic relief of a bad situation was wonderful.

The third blog I commented on was Hosannah's video involving hexagonal learning. The video was done with enthusiasm and a great sense of interest in his project. The video was almost impossible to hear because of all the kids in the background, but one can get where Hosannah was going. I bragged at how well he demonstrated his knowledge in the video and how his project was done with attention to detail. I also gave a bit of humor by telling him he needed to tell everyone to keep quiet next time because he was a master at work!

The last kids blog I commented on was Rose. Her topic was the government shutdown and she wrote about her opinion on the matter. She eluded to her lack of real knowledge on the subject, but her opinion was that the world looks down on the U.S. because we are a country divided. I responded by agreeing with her first and foremost and how the subject is so important to have knowledge in. I then told her that if she kept doing research she might one day be the one to put the U.S. into a harmonious nation.













In summary, I have tried to justify doing these comments. I can not find how this helps myself or them. If what we say is forced because we can only be positive or we would never read them under normal circumstances, then what are they learning? That people will lie just to make you feel good about yourself? I can't answer for sure, but the simple fact that none of the four commented on my comments shows me how they are doing this because they have to, not because this is such a wonderful form of communication and they can't wait to see what others thought. Seemingly, especially considering how poor each one's blog was written, my regard against jumping into the deep end of technology while abandoning reading and writing (with a pen or pencil) is justified.

No comments:

Post a Comment