Sunday, October 13, 2013

Comments for Teachers Summary

My teacher comments have pleasurably gone to Sharon Davison. She is a kindergarten teacher in Vermont with 25 plus years of teaching experience. From everything I have read, she has taken learning beyond just the normal teaching strategies, she has taken it to the 21st century through a great use of technology.





My first comment went to the blog post entitled, How I Begin To Explore Becoming A Digital Citizen In Kindergarten! This post had several aspects that basically prepared both students and teachers that they are entering not only a technological classroom, but one that cares and respects privacy. The premise had all the kids with name tags, but when photos would be taken that would go up on the web, the kids would cover their names. A great concept that teaches at an early age how difficult it is to have privacy in this modern era, however, one must always do the most you can in order to take out everything that is controllable. I commented as to how well she presents her kids to technology from day one. I also commented as to how I have a six year old daughter who had just left kindergarten and how I would of loved her teacher to of given her the same throughout her first learning year experience. Lastly, I commented as to how well she seems to implement technology based teaching in her classroom and how I looked forward to finding out more with later postings.


My other comment for Sharon Davison's blog came with the post entitled Connecting With Parents: Value of Conversations. I was particularly impressed by several important elements where key internet websites and information is shared with every parent. Sharon also created an internet form for the parents to read, give thoughts and answer questions in regards to their kids participating in many parts on the internet for learning purposes. I commented how her words and actions in class were very insightful, caring and smart. “The interaction is always focused on their learning and is meaningful in regards to what we feel is important to what we discover” I said was wonderful to read. By making sure that everything begins and ends with “their” learning can be lost when it comes to using technology as a learning medium, so that was refreshing. Also, I love all the information that parents have at all times. She seems to make a revolving door for interactions between herself, her kids and the parents. I believe it is very important that parents know what their kids are doing as well as knowing they can come to you with questions, concerns and compliments at any time.

I personally believe that everything begins and ends with the parents. Sharon Davison really makes it a point to involve the parents and give them a voice as well as an outlet for any thoughts or questions. When parents feel they are important to the teacher, they in turn become engaged and an engaged parent is an active parent and active parents produce kids that behave better and have a desire to learn. Overall, I believe Sharon has her kids moving towards a great direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment