Sunday, November 3, 2013

Summary Post C4T Teacher #3

David Warlick is an interesting blogger as we can see by checking his page, 2 cents worth out. Just about anything you could think of, he blogs about it. Now this is not to say that he is random just to be random. No, he definitely has specific goals and people that he wants to reach out to, but his style feels more fun that academic.

Such topics as 30 years of the most popular costumes. He writes, "In honor of the day, I thought I'd add a little something about Halloween costums. This is originally from Spirit Halloween, purveyors of all things Halloween dress-up. This is thirty years of culture, as manifest by what our children (not to mention many of us) identify with. It might be worth a discussion in the teachers' lounge (Ya'll still do have teachers' lounges?) about what you dressed up as, way back when. Anyone ever dress up as a hobo? Does anyone in your lounge know what a hobo is?"

I would comment that this is very interesting and fun to think about. He has a wonderful spirit of joy. I do know what a hobo is and all you need is a long stick and a bandana.

Another blog post Mr. Warlick had was about the redbull sponsored leap from space.


My comment would be how amazing the video was and the courage it took for that one guy to do something no one has ever even come close to attempting. Everyone should watch this video just to understand the spirit of adventure.

Lastly, his blog "Sorcery with a Neodymium magnet" was interesting to observe too. Check this video out!


I say this only proves once again that science is cool. Demonstrations like this to kids are vital in showing the remarkable world we live in. I also agree with the view of "If I could get my hands on one of these I’m sure I could play with it for hours." Another great video!

Mr. Warlick is with out a doubt in my mind a very interesting and fun teacher. I hope to get to talk to him one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment